October 27, 2012

Germany: Fortress Ehrenbreitstein

In honor of the Howloween Blog Hop (you can still enter the contest to win one of my books) I'm talking about the Fortress Ehrenbreitstein today. The fortress is situated on a mountain on the right side of the Rhine, opposite of Koblenz. Please visit this site for detailed historic information.

When my good friend remydoodle and I visited Koblenz this summer we also made a trip to the fortress. We spent a long time there, and saw a lot. Too bad remydoodle insisted on going there via the cable car... Well, she had fun while we slowly crept upward. Here's a video from the cable car ride down (it took about five minutes but remydoodle sped it up to 38 seconds):


This is the view on the fortress from the left side of the Rhine (including a rainbow):



Pictures from inside the fortress:







4 comments:

  1. AHHHHH that was such a cool trip! When people ask what part of the trip i liked best i always tell them Germany.
    Hey, did you get sick watching the video? LOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Yes, I really got sick watching the video, but I also got sick while we were inside that damn thing. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I really want to go visit Germany now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed looking at the pictures!

      Delete