July 03, 2013

Favorite books in 2013 (so far)

Below is a short list of books I've read so far this year and which made an impression on me.

Recently I've re-read Rolf and Ranger's Falls Chance Ranch series. I do that at least three times per year, which means I've read this series, um, well, often. :P  I never get bored of the characters and interactions and still love it very, very much.

Picture courtesy of [Marcus]  FreeDigitalPhotos.net

The books that made the biggest impression on me (and I seriously wanted to cry when I finished the last one because I didn't want it to end), are the five books from The Mallorean by David Eddings (sequel to The Belgariad).

I also enjoy the work of Lyn Gala a great deal. She writes in different sub-genres and maybe there's something in for you too. Examples of her work are: Fettered and Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts.

Rebecca Cohen's The Actor and the Earl and the sequel Duty to the Crown took me a bit by surprise because I didn't expect to fall in love with Anthony and Sebastian so badly. :)

Some of you know that I liked the first three Nightrunner books from Lynn Flewelling but the fourth and fifth left me cold. I still got the sixth book, Casket of Souls, and wow, did I love this one!


As for my own writing:

I'm working on the sequel to Attachment Strings at the moment. I hope to finish it in a few weeks. After that I'll finally pick up a story about an angel and his human mate again. Then it'll be Kit and Dale's third and last book and after that it'll either be the third (and last) Secret Chemistry story or Jeff and Alex's third story. Now if I only had more time to write. ;-)


So, do you have any reading recommendations for me?

8 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'd recommend the Cut & Run series by Abigail Roux, first 5 are on DSP and the next 2 are on Riptide, the next 2 will also be on Riptide but are not yet out. The Gravediggers Brawl also by Abigail Roux and on Riptide. Tigers and Devils and it's sequel Tigerland by Sean Kennedy, Making it Personal by K.C. Wells on Amazon, The magic trilogy by Poppy Dennison (Mind Magic, Body Magic and Soul Magic) Born this Way by Poppy Dennison. A Matter of Time series by Mary Calmes (Vol 1 & 2, Bulletproof and But for You) Bear, Otter and The Kid and Who We Are by TJ Klune. Kieran and Drew by L.A. Gilbert. Isle of Wishes by Sue Brown anything by Cardeno C, Ariel Tachna or Amy Lane and Too Stupid to Live by Anne Tenino.

    Sorry! that's loads lol! But yes, don't read them all at once :p I'm looking forward to everything you have coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly!

      When am I supposed to read all these books? LOL

      Some of the ones you mentioned I've already read but I'll definitely have a look at some of the books. I like L.A. Gilbert's books very much, so I'll be checking out Kieran and Drew for sure. :)

      Delete
  2. hey i hope it is ok to ask but would love to read that Fall chance Ranch you recommend do you know if it is somewhere available in a pdf file or something ?
    x Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure!

      Rolf and Ranger have a yahoo group where they post the chapters first. Just to give you a heads-up, this series depicts several men in a loving, disciplinary relationship.

      If you join the yahoo group you can download the books in various files:
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fallschanceranch/

      Maybe you could start reading the first chapters on their website (link is in my post), to see if you like it?

      Delete
  3. Ooh i am not worried at all that i dont like it :D
    thanks for the links!
    Dani ( elle)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adore this series and hope you'll enjoy it!

      I also loved Ranger's Nick and Damien series. :)

      Delete
  4. Two words: John Inman. After I stayed up all night to finish reading Loving Hector I just had to send a gushy fan email to Mr Inman. I laughed and snorted until I choked while reading this book and his others as well. At one point my grandson cam into my room to see what was wrong and then wanted to read what was so funny. Oh, no no no, totally inappropriate for a 10 year old but I highly recommend all of Mr Inman's books to interested adults. Also, I have never gone wrong with an Andrew Grey book; they all are keepers and rereaders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots of good things about John Inman's books. I even have his "Poodle Apocalypse" and after your recommendation, this will definitely be one of my next books. Thank you! :)

      Delete