July 23, 2013

Lily Velden: The Race Is On, Book 2 of How The Light Gets In

Today's guest is fellow DsP author Lily Velden. She's bringing you a treasure hunt--make sure to join!



Hi, All! Lily Velden, here!

As warned on my blog, I’m popping up everywhere again as I go on the Pre-Release Promo Tour for THE RACE IS ON, BOOK 2 of HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN!

I didn’t want you all falling asleep in your chairs reading yet another interview about me, so I decided to host the TRIO Treasure Hunt. Anyone wanting to know more about Book 1: Same Page or Book 2: The Race is On, please visit my blog!

I hope those that are here having participated in Clue # 1 are enjoying it thus far!

The lovely Chris T. Kat was kind enough to say yes to hosting the second stop of the Hunt – Thank you, Chris! 
 
(For those stumbling across the TRIO Treasure Hunt for the first time Stop #1 was at WORDS OF WISDOM FROM THE SCARF PRINCESS, and, yes, you can still participate – the TRIO Treasure Hunt is open until 9th August, 2013)

I’ve kept the rules and clues simple as I want it to be fun and not a chore, and I’ve tried to make the “treasure” worth pursuing!

There are mini prizes along the way as well as two major prizes at the end. 


 
PRIZES
Mini Prizes: At each stop on the hunt you can enter the draw to win an open voucher redeemable with Dreamspinner Press of $6.99.
All you have to do is leave a comment!
Winner will be drawn within 7 days of my visit!


Major Prizes: By participating in the TRIO Treasure Hunt, collecting all four answers and logging them in on my blog by the 8th August you will be in the draw to win a $25 open voucher redeemable with Dreamspinner Press. There are two up for grabs!


COME AND JOIN THE FUN!


Okay, here goes!


TRIO TREASURE HUNT
There are only four stops on the Treasure Hunt.
At each stop you will be given an excerpt to read from THE RACE IS ON (TRIO)
Contained within the excerpt is the answer to a question / clue which will be asked at the end, and don’t worry, I will make it easy!!!

Each answer will only consist of ONE word.
Each word/answer is part of a four word sentence that relates to THE RACE IS ON. By the end of the Hunt you will have the entire sentence!
Write that sentence in the comment box provided on my blog and you are in the draw!

Winners drawn and notified 9th August, 2013
(If anything is unclear or ambiguous, please make contact, and I will do my best to explain in plain English!!!!)



THE RACE IS ON: BOOK 2 HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN
SUMMARY
Hollywood heartthrob Jaxon Moncrieff and Liam Lassiter are finally on the same page: committed and in it for the long haul. Now they just have to prepare for the inevitable fallout when they reveal their relationship. Between Jaxon’s career and Liam’s need to prepare for a life in the limelight, they decide to wait until filming of Jaxon’s latest project has wrapped.
Unbeknownst to them, the relentless paparazzi photographer Rafael Cacciatore, aka the Hunter, notices a change in Jaxon and is determined to be the first to break the story of who has captured Jaxon Moncrieff’s heart. In the meantime, Liam and Jaxon have enough on their plate working out the not-so-little issue of how and when Jaxon will come out to his family. The paparazzi aren’t even on their radar. The race to out Jaxon is on, and Liam and Jaxon don’t even know it.


EXCERPT
Rafael
There’s something different about him. Leaning back in my chair, I stared at the two images of Jaxon Moncrieff smiling at me from the screen of my laptop. After taking a scalding sip from the steaming cup in my hand, I grimaced, more at the bitter taste of the instant coffee than from its heat. God, what I wouldn’t give for a cup of good Italian coffee—the fucking instant crap at this hotel will be the death of me.
Placing the offending cup beside my computer on the flimsy dining table I was also using as my desk, I leaned forward, studying the images. The one on the left was of Moncrieff as he exited the studios of Jimmy Fallon, which I’d taken a little over twelve months earlier. He looked relaxed, smiling as he chatted with a group of adoring fans, the button of his suit jacket open, his shirt untucked.
My gaze shifted to the photo on the right, which I’d taken that very morning. He was still relaxed, still smiling, but there was definitely something different about him. What is it? Several long minutes passed as I peered closely at the image, trying to pin down the change in him.
He looks… content?


*****
TRIO TREASURE HUNT CLUES # 2
I’m in the 1st paragraph
In writing I am often used in conjunction with other words such as rather and other.
I am 4 letters long
I am word # 52 in the paragraph
I commence with the letter ‘T’



HAPPY HUNTING
and I hope to see you on the 30th at Andrew Q. Gordon’s!

 
Interested in reading the first book? Have a look here:



SAME PAGE: BOOK 1 HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN


COVER BLURB


He was like the only splash of color in a black-and-white photograph.


The man was beautiful.


At an exhibition opening in Sydney, jaded Hollywood heartthrob Jaxon Moncrieff lays eyes on publicity-shy artist Liam Lassiter for the first time and is immediately captivated. But he doesn’t get far into their first conversation before he realizes what he’s feeling is attraction, which brings him up short. Jaxon has always been a womanizer.


Despite his reservations, Jaxon makes a play for Liam, but Liam has his own issues. Unlucky in love and orphaned at sixteen, he is reluctant to open his heart to anyone, and dismisses Jaxon out of hand. 


Driven by a need he doesn’t understand, Jaxon organizes a return to Sydney to film his next project. If he can’t be with Liam, maybe they can be friends. Of course, that creates a whole new problem. Now Jaxon is falling in love for the first time. How can he move their relationship from friends to lovers without destroying the trust he’s worked so hard for?

LILY VELDEN

The Race is On
Buy Link : Dreamspinner Press

Same Page
Buy Link : Dreamspinner Press

Gay as Mardi Gras

Author links
Twitter: @LilyVelden

19 comments:

  1. This is really good fun. I'm a big lily fan and can't wait for ' The Race Is On ' so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I have a chance of winning Good luck everyone. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maxine!!!

      I hope you collected the second clue - the sentence it is part of crops up a couple of times in TRIO!

      Thanks for playing!

      Hugs,

      Lily

      Delete
  2. It´s only 17 days now!!! Uhhh, I don´t want to wait any longer, I want to read this book RIGHT NOW!!!
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, C, I see you got taught at the same schools as me.... I WANT IT NOW!!!! Screw this having patience business!

      The Universe is trying to teach me a little of the P word, but it is requiring a little patience... LOL

      Hugs,

      Lily

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for hosting the second stop of the TRIO Treasure Hunt, Chris!

    Hugs,

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me personally I like the salty interviews where you tell us all manner of reviewing details, like the.... oh wait, that wasn't in a public interview - never mind. :P

    T-minus 17 and counting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, Mr. Gordon! Methinks I've confessed too much to you! You're just jealous of my nifty way of dealing with obscene callers and my aplomb at carrying off wearing slippers to work!!!

      Hugs,

      Lily

      Delete
  5. I loved Same Page and find waiting for its sequel hazardous to my health!

    skadlec1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susan! Thanks ever so much for stopping by!

      If its any consolation the boys are as anxious as you and I to have the next part of their journey real!

      Bring on Aug 9th!

      Good Luck with both prizes!

      Hugs,

      Lily

      Delete
  6. Still following you around the internet, Lily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirifox, seeing your name always makes me smile. You always make me realise how lucky I am. Thanks for being you.

      Hugs,

      Lily

      Oh and Good Luck!!!!!!!

      Delete
  7. Having a lot of fun with this while waiting...waiting...annnd...waiting some more. ;-)
    Kat
    kalimar2010 @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kat, methinks the universe is trying to teach us all a bit of patience. I don't know about you, but I've been a slow learner....

    I'm glad you're having fun with the TRIO Treasure Hunt.

    Best of luck with the mini and major prizes!!!

    Cheers,

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Due to the larger photo of the book cover, I just noticed the reflection of the paparazzi in the brown eye. Really wonderful detail and cover. The first book looks to have flowers in the blue eye?

    strive4bst(AT) yahoo(Dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jbst! Congrats on your win of the $6.99 open voucher for commenting on the Scarf Princess's blog for the TRIO Treasure Hunt!

      You have me grinning from ear to ear (especially wonderful as I have to work this morning!!!) as I designed the covers.

      Yes, there is a magnolia blossom reflected in the blue iris of Jaxon on the cover of Same Page. When I designed the cover, I wanted something of Liam to be reflected.

      The same with The Race is On. The eye on the cover belongs to Liam, but I wanted an aspect of Jaxon reflected.

      I'm so thrilled you like them.

      Thanks for stopping by and good luck with collecting the next clue!

      Cheers,

      Lily

      Delete
  10. Still enjoying the hunt, Lily, even though I can't say that I enjoyed that excerpt. I'm teasing. It's because I don't drink coffee that whenever I read books where someone's drinking coffee, I think, 'ew.' Of course, in this excerpt, Rafael agrees with me this time. ;-)

    caroaz [at] ymail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, I never drank coffee until I was in my 30's and my then husband drank it like a fish! I always used to ask for water and spend half my time visiting the Ladies Room and so I decided to give coffee a go!

    Thanks ever so much for taking the time to read and comment - I do appreciate it very much.

    I'd like everyone to win a voucher!

    Cheers,

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. THE WINNER OF THE $6.99 OPEN VOUCHER WITH DREAMSPINNER PRESS IS"

    KALI-MAR!

    CONGRATULATIONS AND I'LL BE IN CONTACT SHORTLY TO VERIFY YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS VALID FOR DREAMSPINNER!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo, so excited to have won. Thank you Lily. :-D

    ReplyDelete