October 27, 2013

Sunday Snippet #1 -- Silver Lining

Trying something new. From now on I'll post a snippet of my published or soon-to-be published books on Sundays (maybe I'll even post snippets of some of fan fiction stories--would anyone be interested in these?).

This week's post is from Silver Lining (which is a favorite of mine even though it belongs to Dreamspinner's Bittersweet Dreams line):

 
I got better at the not-flipping thing, though I never got the hang of the not-being-jealous thing. To be fair, Scott never gave me a reason to be jealous. It was merely the way other guys or girls looked at him, the open hunger in their eyes. The man was mine and mine alone. I never failed to make this clear to whoever dared to sidle up too close to him.
Ri, cut it out, it’s not a pretty sight,” Scott always said in those moments.
I made a show of batting my lashes at him, all fake innocence. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Scotty. Aren’t you the one who always tells me I’m the prettiest thing you ever saw?”
You’re a scamp.”
I gasped in shock, put my hands above my heart, and widened my eyes before I gazed up at him. “Me? You’re wounding me.”
I am? Hmm, would it help if I tell you that you’re the prettiest scamp I’ve ever seen?”
I don’t know, big guy, I really don’t know.”
Scott pulled me into his arms, kissed me thoroughly, and asked, “You made up your mind now?”
Yeah, I’m keeping you even if you suck at giving compliments.”
That was how we worked. Scott was the calm one, grounding me, loving me in a way I never fathomed anyone would. If anything, we grew closer over the years. We forged a bond that nothing could ever destroy. Or so I thought.


http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3240

4 comments:

  1. OH, god.. yes... ;A;// this title... I LOVE IT! <3
    So sad, but... so beautiful at the same time... love, love <3 lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much. This was the most exhausting book I've ever written but I still love it. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, Chris T. Kat, I'm so glad you showed a bit of Silver Lining. I read this a little while back and I think it's one of your best books. It was a bit heart stopping for me as I was reading it alone in a hotel and there's a bit of excitement in it, but it's also very bittersweet. I think this book showcases your talent so very well. I encourage anyone who hasn't read Silver Lining to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dizzy,

      thank you so much. Yes, it's definitely a bittersweet read but I love this story (and the characters) very much!

      *hugs*

      Delete