November 24, 2013

Sunday Snippet #5 -- "Cuddling Up" in "Animal Magnetism"

This week's post is from a short story, called Cuddling Up, which was published in Dreamspinner's Animal Magnetism Anthology.

Daria's yowl stopped Noah. He turned around, waved, and said, “Yeah, I know. Good thing Mr. Nitpicker wasn't here. He would have had his panties in a bunch.”
Daria mewed an answer, and Noah chuckled. “Though I would love to see his face.”
That can be arranged,” I said.
With great displeasure, I realized Noah didn't jump. On the other hand, all color left his face.
For a moment we stood there, each of us silent, waiting for the other one to start talking. I crossed my arms above my chest, unnecessarily puffing myself up, and glared down at Noah.
He had to tilt his head back to get a good look at me. He wet his upper lip with the tip of his tongue in a nervous gesture. I couldn't ignore the longing desire unfurling in my gut. I had tried to squash this urge way too long already.
How long are we going to do this? Not that I don't get you wanting to act all macho-like. You've at least got the body for it, but… could you step aside so I can go to the room and get comfortable? By the way, how long have you been back, did you say?”
He rambled. Babbled, even.
Allowing a small smirk to appear on my face, but not budging an inch when he came toward me and tried to walk past, I eventually answered, “I didn't want to be drenched and decided to wait until the rain eased off a bit. I came back inside after the first thunder.”
Oh. Oh, you did? I didn't hear you.”
Guess you were occupied, huh? Totally understandable, since you were so busy cuddling a grown snow leopard!” I shouted, finally giving way to my anger.

http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3150

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you get tired of me saying this about each one of your couples, but I'd really love to see more of Paul and Noah! I like their relationship and that they have their own little issues to battle out. Noah with the big cats is just such a great storyline! I'm so glad you posted this blurb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, no, I don't get tired of you saying so. ;-)
      I'm very glad you enjoyed Paul and Noah's story. Maybe I could write a little snippet for them--it's always fun to revisit characters. :)

      Delete