December 08, 2013

Sunday Snippet #7 -- Seizing It

This week's Sunday Snippet is from Seizing It (my first published book).

http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=2858&cPath=605

Is it really that uncomfortable to sit here with me, or is this about you feeling swishy?”
I turned scarlet within a blink of an eye and hastily tried to free my chin from his grip.
Ah, I thought it would be that.”
Would be what?” I asked, irritated.
You’re not comfortable with me being taller, broader, and so on.”
Sourly I replied, “You forgot to mention overbearing, smart-alecky, and a lot of other stuff.”
You’re not unmanly just because you’re smaller than me.”
Thanks for reminding me about the height difference.”
Well, you are smaller and much lighter.”
I glared and punched him not too weakly on his chest. Dale gave a satisfying sound of pain, then growled. Before I could panic, his fingers slipped underneath my shirt and started tickling me. I shrieked and swatted at his hands. His fingers were everywhere all at once and no matter how much I writhed, swatted, and squeaked, his assault didn’t lessen. I was laughing so hard that tears were rolling down my face. My captor was grinning like a cat that got the cream, and I kept on twisting and begging for mercy.
Jackson eyed us curiously but made no move to get near us. “See,” Dale commented, “Jackson knows how very harmless I am.”
You’re not! I can’t breathe!”
Whose fault is that?”
Yours!”

4 comments:

  1. I just re-read this one and the followup book yesterday because I wanted to. I like the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm taking this as a compliment. :) I'm so glad you like Kit and Dale's story!

      Delete
  2. I just bought this one and am looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like it, Lynette. Kit can be... exhausting at times. ;-)

      Delete