December 15, 2013

Sunday Snippet #8 -- Too Good to Be True?

This week's Sunday Snippet is from Too Good to be True? (sequel to Seizing It).


 
Will you tell him about the seizures?”
Honestly? I didn’t want to because he’d want to see me more frequently. He’d also want to take blood samples, do tests, and all that shit. On the other hand, I owed it to Dale. “Yeah.”
Can I come with you?”
Wanting to make sure I’ll tell him everything?” I asked. I kept my voice light because I understood why he mistrusted me.
Dale smiled at me. “Yup. Got a problem with it?”
I shook my head. “No.”
Seriously?”
Well, I’m not happy about it, but I get where you’re coming from.”
So you’re letting me go with you because you feel guilty?”
I flushed a very bright red. At least it felt like I was blushing profusely. Oh well, at least my skin color would match my hair color. “Would you rather have me throw a tantrum? Because I have it on good authority I’m excellent at that.”
A grin spread over Dale’s face. “You’re the best at that.”
Too bad there are no contests for that particular specialty of mine.”
Dale pulled at me until I sat completely on his lap. I pushed my head under his chin, exhaustion taking its toll on me. For a while we sat there in silence, both lost in thoughts.

http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3604



No comments:

Post a Comment