January 19, 2014

Sunday Snippet #12 -- Sacrifices (Jeff Woods Mystery #2)

This week's Sunday Snippet is from  Sacrifices, the second Jeff Woods Mystery, due out in April/May from Dreamspinner Press.

 
Mine to protect.
Mine to love.
These were the words I had thought so fiercely about half a year ago. I meant them then. I still do. Even though life has changed in the last months.
Expelling a breath, I did my best to lie still in Alex’s small bed.
Can’t sleep anymore?”
So much for me acting all considerate. “This bed isn’t made for two grown men. I’m not sure it’s even built for one grown man.”
What about two grown men and a little boy?”
That’s a recipe for disaster.”
Alex chuckled. I loved that sound—carefree and happy. I pressed a kiss on his neck, then rubbed my nose behind his ear. Alex tried to suppress a gasp as a heavy shiver rolled through him.
Don’t,” he whispered.
I’m kissing your neck, what’s so bad about that?”
I’ll have a massive boner in about thirty seconds, and we can’t do anything about it. And that’s really bad.”
So I can’t even give you an innocent kiss?” I tsked.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished Attachment Strings on Friday so I'm looking forward to book 2. I hope those life changes aren't anything too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're looking forward to book 2 and hope you enjoyed the first one. Thanks a lot for stopping by! :)

      Delete