February 02, 2014

Sunday Snippet #14: Hunter's Hunt

This week's Sunday Snippet is from Hunter's Hunt:

http://www.amazon.com/Hunters-Hunt-Chris-T-Kat-ebook/dp/B00FA0ATTW







Adrian grinned before he wrapped his arms tighter around himself. Hunter battled with his inner demons for a couple more minutes, then held out his left arm. "I don't have a jacket but I can provide you with body heat."

For a moment, he feared Adrian wouldn't accept his offer.

"That would be acceptable."

Hunter snorted. "Get over here."

Adrian closed the short distance between them and cautiously nestled up against Hunter, who swore under his breath when he came into contact with Adrian's chilled body.

"Sorry," Adrian said. His teeth were chattering audibly.

Hunter pulled him in close and rubbed his back, hoping to warm Adrian up a bit. Adrian leaned his head on Hunter's shoulder, and the trust implied in that small gesture caused Hunter's throat to close up. Just a little.

"Why are you this wet?"

"Now you're asking?"

"I was busy protecting you."

"If you tell me I'm stupid, I'll clock you," Adrian said with a surprising amount of fervor.

"Ah, yes, that'll work just fine."

"I could clock you. Only question is whether you'd feel anything."



No comments:

Post a Comment