August 20, 2014

Wednesday Briefs: Hope #41

I'm back with another chapter of Hope! :)

Welcome to Wednesday Briefs, where authors post free fiction of 1000 words or less each week. I used: “bubble bath”

Hope #41

We made it to the portal without any kind of interference. No matter how often I glanced back over my shoulder, nearly tripping over my own feet because Silvion walked on, no one followed us.
By the time we stood in front of the still portal, Shane was sweating and I was shivering. Silvion let go of Shane's hand, then rested both of his paws on my shoulder to turn me around. I received a scowl—I didn't know why—and he growled, “If you hadn't looked over your shoulder every twenty seconds, you wouldn't look as if someone used you to wipe up dirt.”
Startled, I laughed. An inspection of my clothes confirmed my suspicion. I had some small tears, the knees of my jeans were dark-brown and stiff from whatever I'd fallen into, and I suspected the rest of me didn't look much more respectable. “We were almost roasted by a dragon, my boyfriend ate two of said dragon's scales and changed from a puppy to a man, and you're ripping me a new one for looking a bit worse for wear? Seriously?”
Take a bath when you get back,” Silvion replied in a gruff voice. “You're probably one of those that like bubble baths.”
Snorting, I replied, “Only if there's someone to help me wash my hair.”
Silvion's Adam's apple bobbed up and down, and there was a faint flush covering his cheeks. “I'll open the portal.”
“What? Am I not pretty enough to tempt you?” I asked, spreading my arms in invitation. What the hell was I doing? I had no idea.
Gil, stop that,” Shane said softly. He kept asmall distance between us, looking distraught and surprisingly fragile.
“Name one reason why I should,” I challenged him.
“Because despite everything that's happened you still love me? Because the Gil I know would never set out to hurt someone.”
The portal whooshed into life, the twirling surface distracting me for a moment. I shoved my hands into my pockets, so no one would see how much they shook. I didn't want to go through that portal again, didn't want to deal with my life there. I patted my chest and said, “I'm not sure the Gil you knew is still in here.”
“Nonsense,” Silvion chimed in. “You're shaken up, which is understandable, but you're still the same.”
You don't know me at all, so don't make assumptions just because you want to get rid of me,” I replied, tears stinging my eyes. I was so confused. I didn't like to feel like a fish out of water, absolutely not.
Silvion stepped toward me. A moment later, he folded his big, broad-muscled arms around me. “I don't want to get rid of you.”
A shiver ran through me when Shane pressed up against my back, his crotch at level with my ass. He slid his arms around my waist and between Silvion and me. For some time we just stood there, me sandwiched between them, and for the first time I felt remotely better.
Shane sighed, a gust of breath tickling my ear. “We could stay here for a while, with Silvion.”
My heart thumped harshly at that prospect. I craned my head backward to get a glimpse at Shane, then looked up at Silvion. He tried to school his face into impassiveness but it wasn't working. Swallowing, I asked, “But I thought you'd be in danger if you stay here?”
Shane shrugged and shifted from foot to foot, his crotch rubbing along my ass. “I'm in danger here or there, it doesn't really matter anymore. You want to stay with him, right?”
I closed my eyes and leaned further into Silvion's body. “I do, but... but you're right too. I do love you. It's just... I'm not sure. I'm seriously confused at the moment.”
Shane's laughter surprised me. “Yeah, he has that effect on people.”
“I have no such effect,” Silvion rumbled.
“Yes, you do,” Shane replied.
Realization hit me full-throttle. “Oh, my God! You two have been lovers!”


No comments:

Post a Comment