December 31, 2014

To a wonderful 2015!

Wishing all my readers a wonderful 2015! A big thank you for giving my books a try in 2014 and I appreciate your kind words and reviews about my books.

Image courtesy of [krishna arts] at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I'm attempting to make my blog more interesting, which is why I'm now a tour partner for Will's Pride Promotions. Of course this blog isn't going to convert into an advertisement blog but I'm struggling to find good content. I'll be posting news about upcoming releases and you can find all my books with covers, sales and review links on this page. But... that's not enough, is it?

Thing is, I'm a private person and don't intend to share much about my family or friends. I don't have a cat or dog, so posting cute animal pictures is a no-go as well. Oh, then there's the thing with posting pictures anyway--you can't just post any picture you find on the web (as much as I want to), so starting a regular schedule with pictures of naked men like many other m/m authors do, is out of the question as well.

I could come up with posts about writing, promotion or something else related to publishing but frankly, there are tons of these posts already available and I'm no expert on the subjects. The only decision I made so far is to write more reviews. I'm aiming for one review per month (aiming for more would put too much pressure on me) and the first one will be posted on January 20th, for Cooper Davis' book A King Undone.

What would you like to see on this blog, dear readers? More infos on other authors and their books? Snippets from my upcoming works? How about more free fiction? Or maybe shorts with characters from some of my published works?

How about I reward any comment here with the chance to win an e-book from me? Your choice, of course. Just leave me a comment with your mail-addy. I'll leave this contest open till January 10th. Best of luck!


14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too, Caroline! :D

      Delete
  2. I would like to get some more news from you, your books or recommendation of other books. Reviews are helpful too. Looking forward to the new year.:-)

    Star Noble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of news, Star? I'll try my best to come up with more info about my books and recommendations (that shouldn't be hard, after all, I read a lot). All the best to you!

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of reviews. For the first time I did not finish a book from one of my favorite publishers because it followed Regency mores too closely. If a review had said one MC was just a baby factory, I could have saved the money. Now that I see Breeding Stations in your coming soon list, I hope it will be something I might like, as I love sci fi! Talking about inspiration for your novels is interesting to me.

    skadlec1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing reviews is a craft and I'm not sure I'm very good at it. I hope my enthusiasm will make up for that, though.

      I really hope you'll like Breeding Stations. At the moment that's my favorite book of all time. lol

      Thanks a lot for weighing in, Susan, and a Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  4. I love the snippets and shorts ideas. I love seeing characters again. :-) Recommendations for books or reviews would be awesome too.

    Jczlapin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep those in mind. Thanks a lot for participating, Jen.

      Delete
  5. First one didn't work so if this is a duplicate I'm sorry :-/ I love seeing characters again and reading snippets and shorts. I would also like it if you let us know if you read a good book from a new author. I'm always interested in finding new authors to read.

    mljohnson44@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely keep the snippets and shorts in mind. Thanks for the suggestion about new authors--I usually try a lot of them. :)

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! May it be blessed with lots of best sellers.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One would be seriously great. :D

      Happy New Year to you too, Debby!

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year! I hope you have a fantastic year! =)

    I'm a private person too so I know how hard it can be to come up with something but at the same time doesn't share too much personal information. Blog ideas..you can do short stories, talk about music that has caught your fancy or has inspired a story idea, do character interviews, or if you have a hobby you can share something about it (example: cooking, knitting/crocheting, book reviews =) , decorating tips/ideas, etc).

    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and the same to you!

      Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I think I'll definitely do more book reviews and maybe I could talk a bit about cross stitching since that's one of my favorite hobbies. :)

      Delete