March 10, 2015

Pride Promotions presents: Fighting Fangs by Lisa Oliver






Book Name: Fighting Fangs
Series: Bound and Bonded, Book 4
Can it be read as a standalone? Yes

Release Date: February, 2015
 
Author Name: Lisa Oliver

Author Bio:
Lisa Oliver had been writing non-fiction books for years when visions of half dressed, buff men started invading her dreams.  Unable to resist the lure of her stories, Lisa decided to switch to fiction books, and now stories about her men clamor to get out from under her fingertips. 
When Lisa is not writing, she is usually reading with a cup of tea always at hand. Her grown children and grandchildren sometimes try and pry her away from the computer and have found that the best way to do it, is to promise her chocolate.  Lisa will do anything for chocolate.
Lisa loves to hear from her readers and other writers.  You can friend her on Facebook here, or email her directly at yoursintuitively@gmail.com.  

Where to find the author:

Publisher: Oliver Group Publications

Cover Artist: Lisa Oliver





Blurb:
Ace is on a mission.  On the run from his old pack, the enforcer is determined that cat shifter Teric must die.  In his head it's the only way he can regain his place in the Washington pack and the Bound and Bonded club. In an effort to meet his needs for Domination in the human world, Ace visits Whips, a predominantly human BDSM club and gets the shock of his life.
Devin is a five hundred year old vampire who has been searching for his one and only for the longest time. Working as a house sub at Whips was fine until one Master over steps his boundaries and Devin is left with time on his hands.  Deciding on a whim to track down the delicious wolf shifter he had smelled at the club, Devin soon tracks down Ace...and then promptly wishes he hadn't. Ace is a wolfist and refuses to accept Devin as his mate.
Misunderstandings are just one hurdle these two need to overcome, if they are ever to have their HEA.  The enforcers from the Washington Pack are still looking for Ace, and when they find him it might prove the end for both Devin and Ace.
Warnings; this is a gay erotic romance about a wolf shifter and a vampire.  The book includes graphic sex scenes between men, BDSM elements and coarse language.


Categories: BDSM, Erotica, Fiction, Gay Fiction, M/M Romance, Paranormal, Romance

Excerpt:
“This is not a scene. Not this time. This is us, together. Mate. Amatus. No rules. No restrictions. Just two men who will be together for a lifetime.”

Devin’s eyes flashed a brilliant red, the sight almost shocking Ace with its intensity and then it was gone just as quickly.
“I want that,” Devin said softly, as his hands came up from where they had been resting on the bed and gripped Ace’s biceps. “I want that a lot,” his voice finishing on a growl that set Ace’s wolf on edge as though not sure whether to challenge or submit. But that growl left Ace in no doubt that the man underneath him was as much a predator as he was.

Pages or Words: 38,000 words


 Interview


1-Welcome Lisa Oliver! Please tell us a bit about yourself and your release.

Hi there Chris, thank you for hosting me on your blog today.  As a point of interest asking an author about herself is probably one of the hardest questions I ever have to answer, but to give you a brief bio – I am a writer, I live in NZ, I have three adult children and a host of grandchildren who all live nearby and as much as I love them, I prefer the days they don’t visit because then I get more work done.  I have a strong addiction to chocolate and have even been known to leave my computer to get it.
Fighting Fangs is book four in the Bound and Bonded series.  It can be read as a standalone, although the story is a continuation from the others.  In this book we have Ace, a wolf shifter who believes that wolves are superior to all other paranormal species and humans.  So you can imagine his surprise when he found out his fated mate is a vampire.  The book does end with an HEA despite Ace’s reluctance and the problems he is having with his pack.

2-How long have you been writing?

I started writing non-fiction sixteen years ago, but didn’t try my hand at fiction until the NaNoWriMo challenge in 2013, which is where I wrote book one of the Cloverleah Pack series. I have since written twelve fiction books including the four books in the Bound and Bonded series.

3-What compelled you to write this particular story?

I love the true mate trope and flog it to death in every one of my stories.  But although two men might be fated to be together, there are so many other things that can get in the way of successful mating.  In this book I wanted to explore the idea of hate and discrimination because of someone’s species.  I have a strong dislike for discrimination of any kind and I wanted to see if the power of love was enough to overcome Ace’s objections to his mate.  Which of course, it does, because all of my books have an HEA.

4-What gave you the courage to submit your story to a publisher?

I didn’t, but that doesn’t mean that others shouldn’t. If you have done the best with your work that you possibly can, then you should send it out to as many publishers as you can find.  Do your homework though and make sure the intended publisher publishes works in your genre and is actively looking for new stories. I didn’t publish my book until four months after I had finished it because I thought everyone would think it was a piece of rubbish.  So I just stuck it up on Amazon through my own publishing company and basically went back to writing the next one.  I was amazed when I started getting reader feedback and most of it was positive.

5-When creating your characters, do you have models in mind or are they totally fictional?

I find pictures of the hunky men who are going to be in my story and I print them out so that I can check for physical details (and they are inspiration too, I admit it). With regards to their personalities, that is all fictional along with their life story and the things they do. 

6-Why did you start writing m/m? Is there something special that draws you to this genre?

This is probably going to sound funny, although it is totally true.  I started reading m/m because I was sick of the emotional games that seemed to pervade m/f fiction – I figured that men probably wouldn’t act like that so I started reading mm and by the time I came to write my own first fiction book it was natural for me to write about male shifters – they are so yummy.

7-What are you reading right now? Do you have a favorite author or genre?

I read so much, I can tell you – at least two to three books every day. I absolutely love all types of m/m books although my preference is paranormal and shifters.  I also have a long list of favorite authors including but not limited to Stormy Glenn, Sandrine Gasq Dion, Charlie Richards, Avril Ashton, and Sean Michael.

8-What are you working on now?

I am currently working on Book 6 of the Cloverleah Pack series, Fae for All, due out soon, and Copping a Load of Sin which is book 2 of the Stockton Wolves series.

9-When you're not writing, how do you like to spend your time?

When I am not writing or reading then I do like to go out.  Writing is a very isolating thing to do in a lot of ways, and I like to spend time people watching, going out for a meal, or heading down to the beach to have a paddle in the sea. I am still totally British when it comes to toes in the water.

10-What are your writing goals for 2015?

I currently have four series that all need new books in them – the Bound and Bonded series Book 5, the Cloverleah Pack books 6 and 7 at least, The Stockton Wolves books 2 and 3 and I would like to write a few more for my Alpha and Omega series, which are all standalones.  I am also looking for the opportunity to work on some anthologies – I took part in one last year and thoroughly enjoyed the chance to write a short story – even if it did end up being added too and became book one of the Stockton Wolves series.

11-Do you have personal goals for 2015?

This year I actually do, yes!  Last year I lost 20kg in weight and I am hoping to lose at least another ten this year.  I am also wanting to go on a cruise, something I have been dreaming of doing for at least twenty years and can now finally afford it. I am planning to find the time to learn how to ride a motorcycle as I dream of being a granny on a Harley and of course I want to be around to spend time with my children and grandchildren.  So all in all, 2015 is going to be a very busy year for me.





Tour Dates/Stops:
9-Mar

10-Mar

11-Mar

12-Mar

13-Mar

16-Mar

17-Mar

18-Mar

19-Mar

20-Mar


Rafflecopter Prize:

2 comments:

  1. A wolf. If the wolf finds the vampire during the daytime...Game over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds totally yummy, something to sink my teth into.

    ReplyDelete