June 16, 2015

Joe Cosentino: Drama Queen



DRAMA QUEEN (a Nicky and Noah mystery)
a comedy/mystery/romance novel
by JOE COSENTINO
from Lethe Press
paperback and ebook in all formats
purchase links:

Purchase the ebook from Smashwords at: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/546002



It could be curtains for college theatre professor Nicky Abbondanza. With dead bodies popping up all over campus, Nicky must use his drama skills to figure out who is playing the role of murderer before it is lights out for Nicky and his colleagues. Complicating matters is Nicky’s huge crush on Noah Oliver, a gorgeous assistant professor in his department, who may or may not be involved with a cocky graduate assistant...and is also the top suspect for the murders! You will be applauding and shouting Bravo for Joe Cosentino’s fast-paced, side-splittingly funny, edge-of-your-seat, delightfully entertaining novel. Curtain up!

Joe Cosentino is the author of An Infatuation (Dreamspinner Press), Paper Doll the first Jana Lane mystery (Whiskey Creek Press), and The Nutcracker and the Mouse King (Eldridge Plays and Musicals). He has appeared in principal acting roles in film, television, and theatre, opposite stars such as Bruce Willis, Rosie O’Donnell, Nathan Lane, Holland Taylor, and Jason Robards. His one-act plays, Infatuation and Neighbor, were performed in New York City. He wrote The Perils of Pauline educational film (Prentice Hall Publishers). Joe is currently Head of the Department/Professor at a college in upstate New York, and is happily married. His upcoming novels are Drama Muscle the second Nicky and Noah mystery (Lethe Press), A Shooting Star (Dreamspinner Press novella), A Home for the Holidays (Dreamspinner Press holiday novella), and Porcelain Doll the second Jana Lane mystery.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoeCosentinoauthor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JoeCosen

Paperback: 194 pages
Publisher: Lethe Press (June 6, 2015)
Language: English
Cover Design: Ben Baldwin
ISBN-10: 1590214676
ISBN-13: 978-1590214671
Release date: June 6, 2015




WHY I CREATED A COZY GAY MYSTERY SERIES
by Joe Cosentino

For most of my life I’ve read cozy mystery novels. Though full of murder and mayhem, they always made me smile, challenged my brain, and relaxed me. You don’t see too many cozy gay mysteries out there. I’ve often wondered why. What could be better than a brain-teaser with plot twists and turns, hidden clues, and a surprising ending, filled with humor and romance, all taking place in a comfortable environment—with lots of gay people? So I decided to create a new series, the Nicky and Noah mysteries, premiering with Drama Queen published by Lethe Press.
In the series Nicky and Noah, college theatre professors, live and work in the fictitious, quaint college town of Treemeadow, named after its original founders, gay couple Tree and Meadow. The Edwardian style college campus in winter provides plenty of opportunity for Nicky and Noah to sip hot chocolate at the fireplace and stimulate their little gray cells—and other things. Since Nicky and Noah use their theatrical skills to find the clues and solve the murders (five of them!), the novel is chock full of wacky characters, comic antics, and witty dialogue as in an Armistead Maupin novel. Like an Agatha Christie, the mystery is the central focus with red herrings and inversions leading to a shocking but justifiable and satisfying conclusion. Along the way, Nicky and Noah fall in love, as I hope the readers will fall in love with them.
 In this first novel in the series, Drama Queen, Nicky and Noah have to uncover why college theatre professors are falling like stage curtains as Nicky directs the college production—a murder mystery. In Drama Muscle, Nicky and Noah have to find out why musclemen are dropping like weights in the Physical Education department while Nicky directs the Student Bodybuilding Competition. In Drama Cruise, Nicky and Noah go on a cruise to Alaska, and discover why college theatre professors are going overboard like lifeboats while Nicky directs a murder mystery dinner theatre show onboard ship.
I hope you give this new series a try. It’s bound to put a smile on your face.




Martin’s eyes twinkled like the Big Dipper. “I doubt Loptu would be…any longer.”
That peeked my interest. “What does Loptu have against David?”
Martin salivated over each word. “Well, they were once…an item.”
I couldn’t believe our bipolar Playwriting professor was once David’s mistress. “How do you know?”
“Loptu was in here weeping and wailing when David dumped her last week. I held her hand and let her cry on my shoulder…” he grinned, “…while I got the whole story out of her.”
Unleashing his warm heart, Noah asked, “How is Loptu now?”
“Fine, thanks to a steady supply of little red, blue, and green psychotropic wonders from her psychiatrist.”
“Does Ariella know about David and Loptu?” I asked.
Martin giggled merrily. “How could Ariella not know? We are a very small community here at Treemeadow.” Back to Noah’s question, Martin said, “However, Millie will probably do anything David asks.”
My jaw dropped to the cocoa stain on the carpet. “Millie and David are together?”
Martin was nearly orgasmic. “They are glued together like a televangelist and his wig.”
Noticing the look of fear on Noah’s face, I said, “As our Voice and Diction professor, Millie is Noah’s closest colleague. Regardless of her affair with David, she would never do anything to hurt Noah.”
“What’s this about?” asked Martin at the edge of his seat.
I stood by my man, or rather by the man I wished was my man. “Tonight David told Noah that he isn’t supporting Noah’s tenure application.”
Martin laughed. “Big news. David has never supported anyone or anything.”
I nodded. “But David said some untrue and probably illegal things to Noah.”
Martin’s curiosity was peeked, a relatively easy task. I filled Martin in on the latest words of wisdom from David to Noah.
When I was finished, Noah’s leg shook nervously, as he said, “My concern is that David might try to poison others in the department against me, and use his running for department head as leverage.”
Martin seemed to grow a foot in stature. “David’s a bully. And the only way to deal with a bully is to stand up to him.” Looking like a mother bear facing a hunter, Martin added, “David tells me that everything I do is wrong. Well, now I will do something that is right.” He put his hand on Noah’s shoulder. “And I promise, we won’t lose you, Noah.” Martin put his arms around us and walked us to the door. “The people in this department mean more to me than you know. I won’t stand idly by when a fox gets into my hen house.” We stopped at the door. Martin looked at us like a father sending his children off to bed. “Go home. Get some rest. And let me take care of David.”

No comments:

Post a Comment