July 15, 2015

Wednesday Briefs: At Full Speed, #18



Welcome to Wednesday Briefs, where authors post free fiction of 1000 words or less each week. I used this prompt: “Let me find a Wayback Machine and put you in it, then.”

At Full Speed, #18

Jake didn’t recall the walk to his bed. Neither did he have any memory about how they ended up in his bed, both wearing shirts and briefs, with him nestled securely against Bruce’s side.
Dusk settled outside, and the only light in Jake’s bedroom came from the old lamp on his bedstand. Bruce rubbed circles on his back, sometimes using his full hand, sometimes using just the tip of his fingers. Jake wiggled closer to Bruce and sighed.
Bruce’s chest expanded, and even though Jake’s head rested on Bruce’s impressive ribcage, he sensed Bruce’s smile in his voice. “You can’t crawl into me, no matter how hard you try.”
“It’s still worth a try.”
Bruce stopped in his ministrations and instead pulled Jake atop his body. He cupped Jake’s face and gently but insistently pulled his head up until Jake gazed at him. Bruce’s voice cracked when he said, “I wish we’d have met earlier. Much, much earlier.”
“Let me find a Wayback Machine and put you in it, then,” Jake replied. He didn’t want to fall into another of his gloomy moods right now. This here—lying on top of Bruce without anxiety nagging a hole into his stomach—was wonderful.
“How long would we have to go back?”
“For what?” Obviously Bruce didn’t get the memo about Jake not wanting to talk. So why did he keep answering? He could just tell Bruce to stop and Bruce would. Maybe he was more of a masochist then he thought. How else could he explain his sudden desire to spill his darkest secrets?
“For me to protect you from everything that happened to you.”
Jake shook his head to free himself of Bruce’s hands. Of course he only succeeded because Bruce allowed it, but that was beside the point. Bruce would never hurt him the way those other guys had done. He wouldn’t.
After pillowing his ear right above Bruce’s heart, Jake expelled a long breath. What did that say about him? Like a kid, he calmed down as soon as he heard Bruce’s steadily thumping heart. No grown-up should react like this, and yet… Bruce didn’t seem to mind, so why should he?
“Jake?”
“Why do you keep asking?” Jake whispered. “What if you find me disgusting after you find out? What if everything changes between us after… after you know. I’ve never been with anyone like you, and I don’t want to lose you.”
Jake’s throat constricted, making it impossible to get out more words. He shouldn’t let Bruce know about the depth of his feelings, how dependent he’d already become on him. How was such a thing even possible? They barely knew each other.
“I’ll never resent you for anything that someone did to you, Jake. I might want to wrap you in cotton wool—well, more than I already wanted right when I met you—but that’s about the only thing that’s going to change.” Bruce slid his fingers into Jake’s hair, then tucked some loose strands behind Jake’s ear. “Are you going to purr?”
Jake burst into laughter, but didn’t lift his head. Instead, he pushed the back of his head firmly into Bruce’s cupped head and demanded, “Pet me.”
“Very well, master, I shall do as you wish.”
Jake wrinkled his nose and made a gagging sound. “That sounds so wrong.”
“It had the desired effect, didn’t it?”
“Can’t argue with that.” Jake sighed and closed his eyes. “Remember that I told you I’ve survived two doms treating me badly?”
Bruce sucked in a deep breath, then released it slowly. In a gravelly voice, he answered, “Yes, I remember. You said so when you took the bath.”
“I’ve… I’ve always been interested in BDSM, though I’m not sure why I’m so fascinated by it. I mean, I don’t care for humiliation or pain. Actually, my pain threshold is ridiculous. I start crying almost immediately and I don’t find spanking arousing.”
“You don’t? What about the few times I put you over my knee?” Bruce’s hand in his hair stilled.
Jake swallowed. “That… was different. Plus, I only like hand spankings. I’m weird that way.”
“Nothing weird about it. I was just wondering if I totally misread your body’s signals and that worried me.”
“You weren’t mistaken. It’s just… I don’t know. I thought I’d find what I was looking for in BDSM clubs.”
“But all you found was a world of pain and abuse,” Bruce whispered.
Tears welled up too quickly for Jake to stop them. They ran down his face as he nodded.


TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment